I specialize in writing easy-to-understand articles about computers and technology. I am available to write articles and reviews on nearly any computer-related topic. I am also available as a resource to journalists in need of expertise on consumer and small business technology.
Here are some examples of my most popular articles.
- The Wall Street Journal Debate: Are Consumers Better Off Putting Everything In The Cloud? (The Wall Street Journal, May 2014 – pdf)
- Wide Web: A Writer’s Guide To Internet Safety (The Writer, July 2017 – pdf)
- Ctrl-Alt-Del: Don’t Lose Your Novel To A Computer Crash (The Writer, November 2016 – pdf)
- Hospitals Discover Success with Data Analysis as Cutting-Edge Innovations Help Streamline Operations (HIT Exchange, July/August 2011 – pdf)
- Ten Steps To Secure Your WordPress Blog From Hackers (Writer’s Digest blog, March 2011)
Tech Column in The Northwest Herald, 2010-present
Here are some of my most recent articles for The Northwest Herald.
- Right To Repair Laws Gain Momentum, April 2019
- How To Disable or Delete Unused Apps, March 2019
- Easy-To-Guess Passwords Pose Consumer Risks, February 2019
- Fitness Technology Could Reveal Your Personal Data, January 2019
- Does Your Router Need To Be Updated Or Replaced?, December 2018
- Is Your Old Email Account Sending Spam?, November 2018
- Tech Support Scams Continue to Run Rampant, October 2018
- Multiple Backups Are a Necessity, September 2018
- Talking To Children About Internet Safety, August 2018
- How To Improve Your Social Media Privacy, June 2018
- Phishing Scams Are Trickier Than Ever, April 2018
- … older articles available upon request